Gibson 2017 SG Standard Traditional Electric Guitar (with Case)
In stock at Zzounds.com
Since its introduction in 1961, the Gibson SG Standard has been turning heads with its radical dual-horned design and resonant tone. Gibson continues this tradition with the Gibson 2017 SG Standard Traditional electric guitar. The 2017 SG Standard T is a modern tribute that pays homage to the traditional stylings which made this guitar a hit for virtually every style of rock musician since it was first discovered by British rock bands in the 1960s. With a classic offset double-cutaway body, dual Gibson '57 Classic humbucking pickups, and slim taper mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard, this is how a Gibson SG Standard should look, sound, and feel.
Traditional HardwareFrom the Tune-o-matic bridge to the Grover kidney-button-style locking tuning machines and everything in between, this 2017 take on the classic SG Standard has all the traditional hardware it should. Sporting Gibson '57 Classic PAF-style humbucking pickups with a period-accurate '60s-style teardrop pickguard, the 2017 reissue looks and sounds like the real thing.
High-tech CraftsmanshipWhile the 2017 SG Standard T benefits from many vintage design features, one aspect of its craftsmanship is particularly high-tech. Since 2014, Gibson USA has been using "Pleking" on all their guitars, a process by which all the frets on the neck are fine-tuned using 3D modeling and high-precision computer-controlled fret grinding. After the Plek setup, each neck is polished by hand. It all adds up to what Gibson considers the most accurate and playable neck possible.
Features:- Gibson Traditional-series SG Standard 6-string electric guitar
- Mahogany SG-shaped solid body guitar with select high-gloss lacquer finish
- Slim taper, '57 classic-style mahogany neck with select finish
- Set-in neck with single action truss rod
- 24.75-inch scale rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium-sized frets, trapezoidal pearloid inlays, 12-inch radius, and rolled edges
- Mahogany top with TekToid self-lubricating graphite nut and 1.695-inch nut width
- Pickups: Dual Gibson '57 Classic PAF-style humbuckers
- Dual volume and tone knobs (one for each pickup) with 3-way selector switch
- Aluminium Tune-o-matic bridge with stopbar tailpiece
- Grover kidney-button locking tuning machines
- Chrome-plated hardware finish
- Right-handed guitar
- Hardshell case, premium leather strap, polishing cloth, owner's manual, and truss rod wrench included
Reviews From Buyers
Great blues and rock tones, love the pickups! The sustain is amazing and the rosewood finger board feels great
Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):