At Fender, they live and breathe electric instruments. They never rest”pushing craftsmanship to its limits, they design, test and endlessly experiment to create the best instruments on the planet. The Jazz Bass, a refinement of concepts first introduced in the Precision Bass, is the earliest example of this philosophy in action. Evolved for today's musician, the American Professional Jazz Bass combines modern features and materials with Fender's craftsmanship and expertise to produce a truly contemporary bass.
Speedy, powerful and articulate, the Jazz Bass quickly carved out a niche for itself when it was released in 1960. The slim, ultra-fast neck and slick offset-waist styling made it a favorite of bassists everywhere. Funk, fusion, disco and, of course, modern rock all owe a life debt to the fantastically versatile Jazz Bass.
Developed by pickup master Michael Bump, the V-Mod single-coil Jazz Bass pickups use a carefully selected blend of alnico magnet types for balanced tone with authentic Fender sonic DNA. Designed for comfort and performance, the slim modern "C"-shaped neck profile feels just right nestled in your hand, becoming one with you, while the narrow-tall frets provide a familiar playing feel and perfect intonation. Posiflex graphite support rods run the length of the neck, adding stability to the neck while resisting warping. The redesigned tuning machines use a fluted shaft, creating the optimum break angle over the nut while keeping the string windings tight for increased sustain and enhanced tuning stability.
The best of yesterday and today, the American Professional Jazz Bass is the latest form of electric inspiration from Fender. Step up and stake your claim to a legend. Includes hardshell case.Features:
Get your Fender American Professional Jazz Bass today at the guaranteed lowest price from Sam Ash Direct with our 45-day return and 60-day price protection policy.
- The refined and elegant American Professional Jazz Bass is evolved for today's musician
- Ultra-fast frethand work is possible with the satin finished slim modern "C"-shaped neck profile
- Accurate technique with a familiar playing feel from narrow-tall frets
- Stability comes from warp-resisting Posiflex graphite support rods the length of the neck
- Exceptional balance with a sleek and comfortable fit thanks to the curvaceous offset-waist body
- Articulate tone with higher sensitivity due to V-Mod Jazz Bass pickups with mixed alnico magnet types
- Better string break angle with fluted shafts on newly designed tuning machines
- Superior resonance and tuning stability from 4-Saddle HiMass Vintage bridge
- True resonance and sustain thanks to carefully shaped genuine bone nut
- Securely transport between gigs in ATA Molded Case with TSA-approved center latch